“To provide a resource for higher musical education in all genres, at all levels and on all instruments, in a safe and open environment, stressing high impact musical experiences intended to instill a love of music, a strong sense of community and an understanding of the importance of discipline, hard work and self-expression in all students, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or economic status.”
The Uptown Music Collective is a vibrant musical community where staff, teachers, students and supporters alike revel in their passion for music. A place where musicians of all levels and from all walks of life mingle together, sharing their knowledge, experience and energy. An educational community that emphasizes: the mechanics of playing the instrument, the development of the ear, the importance of focus and memory, the understanding of theory, the reading and writing of music, and most importantly, the power of music when used as a means of self-expression and spiritual fulfillment.
Dedicated to delivering a modern musical education that is still based on proven traditional principles, the Uptown Music Collective strives to stay in the vanguard of education. With a firm belief in the importance of a modern music students need to understand all aspects of the world of music, the Uptown Music Collective mixes technical and theoretical studies with a large dose of performance opportunities, combined with leadership training, technological knowhow and a strong emphasis on the understanding of the business of music.
- We are a student-centered and student-led
- We provide a well-rounded education that integrates study, professional level preparation and performance, intended to create well rounded musicians.
- We embrace the diversity of individuals, ideas, styles and modes of self-expression.
- We foster personal growth in a supportive and positive environment where every individual matters.
- We hold high standards of character, integrity and leadership as the foundation upon which the Uptown Music Collective is built.