The Lew Gilberti Memorial Scholarship Fund is a needs-based scholarship, which seeks to support one Uptown Music Collective student each year, who demonstrates a love of music and a strong desire to learn, but may lack the financial means. The student awarded the Lew Gilberti Scholarship will receive one year of tuition support towards his or her participation in the Uptown Music Collective’s Full Enrollment Program. Funding for this scholarship is made possible by the support of the First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania, who provide the funding and are responsible for reviewing the applicants.
Be between 13 and 18 years of age, demonstrate a love of music, show evidence of a strong desire to learn, study guitar, base, keyboards, drums or voice, intend to enroll as a Full Enrollment student, and be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Complete Scholarship Application Form
- Demonstrate financial need via parent’s federal tax return or one month of recent pay stubs
- All applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
- Final candidates will be interviewed and may be asked to audition on their principle instrument.
- All candidates will be informed of the final decision.