There’s a lot more to music than just the physical ability to perform on an instrument. There is a science to how notes relate to one another, how they are stacked and move to one another in harmony, and how time is divided to create the movement that we call rhythm.
There is a written and spoken language that once understood, makes talking about, learning, and communicating music and its concepts to others so much easier.
You should learn this language. All musicians should. However, it’s difficult to learn it in Private Lessons, while also struggling with the mechanics of playing and remembering the music. It would be really cool if you could learn it seperately and then apply it to your instrument. That’s where our classes come in.
When you study the theory of music you begin to hear it in a whole new way. When this happens you start to notice new and exciting things. What was once black and white, and one dimensional, suddenly becomes rich with vibrant colors, and you start to see it in 3D and in High Definition.
The best part about our classes however is that they are all free! Enroll in a class today and change the way you hear and think about music.
The Facts About our Classes
- Classes run on a 16 week semester schedule, beginning in September, January and May.
- All classes are graded.
- They are intended to be taken as a series with each class leading to the next.
- There is a placement exam to see where you should begin in that series.
- Our classes are based on a modern curriculum that starts at the most basic level and progresses to college level material.
- All concepts taught are applied and discussed in your private lessons, workshops, and performance groups.