We are musicians and dreamers. Teachers and learners. Passionate players and behind-the-scenes tech wizards.
Together, we form the Uptown Music Collective. For 20 years, we’ve been serving northeastern Pennsylvania, doing good things with music, youth, and education. Through triumphant success and epic failures, we’ve kept our focus on moving forward – growing and improving with each step.
Our teachers, students, alumni, staff, parents, donors, sponsors, supporters, and board of directors are from all walks of life. Together we form a powerful and inspired community that is committed to connecting people with music.
Our Mission, Vision, And Values
Providing exceptional music education and high-impact musical experiences that instill a love of music and an understanding of the importance of discipline, hard work, and community.
Connecting People through Music
• Acting with Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to follow through on our promises, treat our community with respect and help our students make responsible decisions while learning from their mistakes.
• Student-Focused: Instilling a love of music in young minds and hearts is our passion. Doing it in a way that inspires creativity and dedication is our promise. We guide. We teach. They inspire.
• Safe and Family-Friendly: When you’re here, you’re part of a family and this family rocks. We are committed to every student enjoying a safe environment, every parent feeling welcome, and every volunteer owning a piece of our success.
• Service-Oriented: Our community is our customer and your investment supports our commitment to provide excellent service and harmonious experience.
• Dedicated to Diversity: Our organization’s success is built on embracing the individual, creating an environment where perspectives matter, and expecting that we will lift each other up. We clap the loudest for each other.
• Forward-Thinking: Engaging in new technologies and genres encourages our administration, staff, and students to develop new interests, improvise, and create fearlessly.
• Committed to Growth: Our goal is to invest in innovation and to continually improve ourselves and the organization through open and honest communication.
• Dedicated to Outreach: Music is fun and we want everyone to experience it. Our students step outside themselves and perform, learn to teach others, and give back to their community through their gift of time and talent. You’re with the band.
• Providing Leadership: We are making things happen every day through intense collaboration, honest discourse, and dedication to action. We strive to set an example our students will learn from and lead from.
• Devoted to Excellence: No matter the age, we encourage our staff, administration, and especially our students to be their best. To reach for the stars. And with this comes the self-confidence to grow in their craft and their life.
Our Super Secret Goal
is really to help develop well-rounded, respectful and creative human beings who understand the importance of leadership and responsibility.